Kuah, Langkawi Sunset

Kuah, Langkawi Sunset
Kuah, Langkawi Sunset

Thursday, February 02, 2012

When you need to see a doctor in Langkawi

Well, go to the hospital. I've had swimmer's ear recently (actually I'm still recovering now). As I live in Kuah Town, I went to the state clinic, Klinik Kesihatan which seems like a clean and big clinic. Paid 15 RM (~$5) and got into queue. I've talked to a Malay woman who supposed to be a doctor, I've told her that my hearing is a little blocked but I have pain in and around my ear as well. She told me over and over again "it's just too much wax, nothing", gave me a painkiller, an ear drop to clean the wax and sent home. After two days at 2 am we had to go to emergency because of my ear is swelling and severe pain. Paid 50 RM (~$17) and got into queue. Emergency doctor noticed the problem right away and gave me proper medicine and told me how to use them. Now I'm recovering with the medicine he gave me.

So to be brief, if you need to see a doctor in Langkawi, go to the hospital directly and exaggerate whatever you have so they take you seriously. Langkawi Hospital is quite close to town, actually somewhere close to the middle of the highway from airport to town. Don't forget, this is a tropical climate and nature, if you are not used to this kind of climate and nature you might get sick for reasons you can't even imagine. Another note; I'm allergic to some antibiotics. If you have some specific medication you need to use once in a while or in my case some certain antibiotics, don't forget to bring a couple of boxes with you. You may not be able to find everything here.

No comments: